The City of Klamath Falls owns and operates the Crater Lake-Klamath Regional Airport (LMT), Oregon. The City, as the airport sponsor, is conducting an update to the LMT Airport Master Plan. The City hired Mead & Hunt, Inc. to prepare the Plan, which is funded at 3 percent by the City, 91 percent by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and 6 percent by the Oregon Department of Aviation (ODA).
The Plan is a roadmap to guide the orderly development of LMT facilities, equipment, and services over the next 20-years. The FAA encourages an Airport Master Plan update about every ten years. The previous LMT Airport Master Plan was completed in 2005. This 2018 Plan update documents airport improvements to meet future demand and FAA standards, in a manner complementary to community and stakeholder interests.
The Plan results in a preferred 20-year Airport development strategy. The Plan’s two key products are: 1) an Airport Capital Improvement Program (ACIP) and, 2) an Airport Layout Plan (ALP) record drawing set. These products assist the Airport in conforming with FAA planning assurances, and the ability to seek project funding eligible under federal and state airport grant-in-aid programs.
The following are the focus areas of the Plan:
1. Update LMT Airport Master Plan to current FAA standards
- Airports Geographic Information Systems (AGIS)
- Airport Capital Improvement Plan (CIP)
- Airport Layout Plan (ALP)
2. Expand Airport’s commercial and business presence
3. Coordinate Oregon Air National Guard (ORANG) mission needs
- ORANG 2015 Installation Development Plan (IDP)
- City/ORANG Joint Land Use Study (JLUS)
- ORANG Installation Complex Encroachment Management Action Plan (ICEMAP)
4. Protect future Airport land use and property interests
5. Plan for Airport project funding
6. Awareness of Master Plan recommendations by City, County, Guard, FAA and ODA
The Plan will be conducted and delivered in strict procedural accordance with FAA Advisory Circular 150/5070-6B, Airport Master Plans, as documented by the six Plan milestones shown above.
LMT MASTER PLAN PROCESS